Spanish verbal periphrasis with infinitive




How to shorten sentences 
in verb tenses 

Let's see some example


IR A + INFINITIVO

Present
Voy a + Infinitivo
Voy a hacer mis tareas
I will do my tasks

Past
Fui a + Infinitivo
Fui a hacer una taza de té
I went to make a cup of tea

Future
Iré a + Infinitivo
Iré a hacer una llamada
I'll go make a phone call


ACABAR DE + INFINITIVO

Present
Acabo de + Infinitivo
Acabo de hacer la cama
I just made the bed

Past
Acabé de + Infinitivo
Acabé de recibir el peor trabajo de mi vida
I just got the worst job of my life

Future
Acabaré de + infinitivo
Nunca acabaré de leer este libro
I will never finish reading  this book


LLEGAR A + INFINITIVO

Present
Llega a + Infinitivo
El estudiante llega a pensar en el aula
The student gets to think in the classroom

Past
Llegué a + Infinitivo
Llegué a hacer buena amistad
I got to make good friends

Future
Llegaré a + infinitivo
Llegaré a hacer 10 pruebas
I'll get to do 10 tests


Learn more about shortening of sentences






What is your opinion?

No comments: