Spanish Color Idioms







ESTAR BLANCO
get scarred

Dos ladrones entraron en su casa y llevaron las joyas. Mi abuela estaba blanca del susto
(Two thieves broke into her home and took the jewelry. My grandmother was white with fright)


PONERSE ROJO
embarass

Julia se pusó roja cuando Raúl elogió su dibujo
(Julia turned red when Raúl praised her drawing)


MENUDO MARRÓN
unpleasant thing

No me gusta vestir traje de baño. Menudo marrón
(I don't like wearing a bathing suit. It's not comfortable)


PONERSE NEGRO
get angry

Me pone negro cuando debo esperar mucho en la oficina de correos
(It upsets me when I have to wait long at the post office)


PONER VERDE
speak badly about something

Anteayer Jorge pusó verde a Enrique cuando salía de la escuela 
(The day before yesterday Jorge spoke badly about Enrique when he left school)


PONERSE MORADO
eat a lot

Esta tarta es deliciosa. Me he puesto morado
(This cake is delicious. I've eaten oodles)



Recommended for you


What is your opinion?

1 comment:

Andres said...

Me pongo rojo si hablo con una chica bonita 😊