Spanish Conditional Tense

Spanish Grammar

 



How to form regular verbs
Add the -ía endings to the infinitive of the verb 

Conjugated forms

yo                        - ía
tu                        - ías
él/ella                 - ía                    
nosotros/-as      - íamos                
vosotros/-as      - íais
ellos/ellas          - ían   


When to use

To express
  • a possibility
  • a doubt
  • polite request, question



Examples

Si como mucha carne, engordo
If I eat a lot of meat I gain weight

Si como mucha carne, engordaré
If I eat a lot of meat, I will gain weight

Si comiera mucha carne, engordaría
If I ate a lot of meat, I would get fat

Si hubiera comido mucha carne, habría engordado
If I had eaten a lot of meat, I would have put on weight


What is your opinion?

No comments: