English Reported Speech With Exercises


Reported speech 

If we say something to someone and later the listener wants to tell it to another person
We use 'reporting verbs' like say, tell

In present tense we don't change the tense, but we have to change the person.


Direct speech
Me : I like to eat ice cream in summer.

Reported speech
Listener : She says that she likes to eat ice cream in summer.



In past tense we need to change both the tense and the person.

Reported speech
Listener : She said that she liked to eat ice cream in summer.



and now, let the tasks follow


Exercise

1.
David:
I call you on Monday morning.
Jake:
David ..... (say) that ......... on Monday morning.

2.
Jennifer:
We can meet in front of the office at 5pm.
Christina:
Jennifer ...... (say) that ......... in front of the office at 5pm.

3.
George:
I move to Asia because I get a new job.
Julia:
......... that .......... to Asia because ......... a new job.

4.
Kate:
I'm 30 years old. I want to have a baby.
Bob:
.......... that ...... 30 years old. .............. a baby.





More English



No comments: